Holiday Break – How To Keep A Routine
The Holidays Are Here And The Kids Are So Excited To Get Out Of School – And Of Course Presents!
During the holiday break, it’s important to maintain a routine but still have fun! Here are few simple tips to implement during the break so the first day back won’t be a drag:
- Set an alarm clock in their room. An old fashioned alarm clock so they can wake up at the same time every day or every weekday. Not necessarily to do anything but just to get used to waking up early and liking it.
- A lot of kids have cell phones these days. Cell phones are not good alarm clocks. By having a cell phone double as an alarm clock, children will inevitably use their phone at night when they should be sleeping.
- Find computer games/website/apps that are educational. Swap out nights playing videos games with something that gets their minds going. Educational does not have to mean boring. They don’t even have to realize that it’s an educational game/app.
- Reading. Reading is always important to implement in their daily routine. Set aside a time for them to read or for everyone to read. 30 minutes is fine. Just something. If you can all read as a family for 30 minutes a night- even better.
- Extracurriculars. Kids love to get their energy out! Whether they are part of a league or just getting together with the kids in the neighborhood. Check out what your city offers for holiday break camps. It’ll be short and a good way for your child to try something new like a tennis camp!
- Set a bedtime. Bedtimes are crucial for all the above to even be possible – in a good mood at least! Sleep is so important for growing kids. So even though there is no school, make sure they’re are getting enough sleep.
Happy Holidays from the Gendelman Law Team!