Family Law Appeals

A parent’s interest in the care, custody, and control of their children is “the oldest of the fundamental liberty interests recognized” under the law. In the landmark opinion Troxel v. Granville, the United States Supreme Court reaffirmed that the primary role of parents in the upbringing of their children is now established beyond debate. If you recently had a Family Law, divorce of custody case you feel was ruled unfairly, and believe that you have legal grounds or valid justification for an appeal of the final decision, Gendelman Klimas Edwards can help.

You May Be Left With Many Questions:

  • Did a judge or magistrate ignore your constitutional rights?
  • Are you a biological parent of a child who has recently been ruled against in a dispute with a non-parent family member?
  • Has a judge or magistrate made an error with a child support calculation?
  • Are there new and relevant facts that have come to light since after your case?

Let Us Help

An appeal can provide an opportunity for mistakes made by a lower court to be undone by a higher court. Many divorce and APR cases can be appealed; however, few litigants are ever presented with this option, nor do they consider pursuing additional litigation. The appeals process is time-consuming and involves a great deal of patience, knowledge, and determination. To fully vindicate your rights, you may wish to consider speaking with us about pursuing an appeal. One of our experienced attorneys at Gendelman Klimas Edwards can help you determine what grounds you have to appeal and can help you file.

It is important to note that the Colorado Appellate Rules impose strict timeframes and deadlines upon litigants to file an appeal, which our experienced attorneys can help you navigate. Particularly in an appellate context, having experienced and invested counsel can be priceless, as the issues are often complex and require far greater legal expertise than trial matters.

Contact Us

Feeling like your case was ruled unfairly is not something you should have to simply accept. If you have recently completed your case or been given an unfair order from a family court judge or magistrate, and wish to consider the possibility of an appeal, please contact one of our Family Law attorneys at Gendelman Klimas by calling 720-213-0687 or by using the button below.

© 2024 Gendelman Klimas Edwards, Ltd. All rights reserved. Use of this website does not in any manner constitute an attorney client relationship between Gendelman Klimas Edwards, Ltd. and the user. While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel. Anyone seeking specific legal advice or assistance should retain an attorney. The articles and information on this website are provided as is without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non infringement.